For the next couple days I’m going to be skiing in Utah, Park City. I like skiing even though I’m just barely good enough to stay on my feet.
But keeping the joggling streak alive means joggling up and down the mountains. This can be challenging especially for jogglers. Here are some tips that helped me.
1. Don’t sweat your slowness. Joggling up a mountain will be slow going. Don’t expect your usual speed.
2. Enjoy the views. There are some beautiful sites and you don’t want to miss them.
3. You will suck wind. At the hirer altitude you will have a harder time breathing. It’s hard. Be prepared.
4. Watch for animals. I was nearly accosted by a couple of dogs. Fortunately they were not terribly aggressive so I just kept going without a drop. But other animals should always be a concern so keep an eye out.
5. Have fun. How often do you get to joggle in the mountains? If you’re like me, never. It’s an incredible feeling so be sure you do it if you get a chance.