I can’t believe it. I stepped on the scale today and clocked in at 201 lbs! How is this possible!? Just Friday my weight was 190. I didn’t go on a headonistic binge this weekend so it makes little sense.
I guess it must be water weight.
Anyway, Runners World had a special weight loss feature in the April 2012 issue. Here are some of the tips that I found the most useful. Let’s see if anything works.
1. Plan your eating. Guess this means that you should snack. I have a problem with that.
2. Eat often. I have no problems with this. But instead of just 5 times a day, it’s more like 8 to 10.
3. Limit your exposure. I already do this by not buying potato chips and other calorie packed foods.
4. Don’t drink sugar. Switched to diet sodas over 15 years ago and have saved a bunch of calories.
5. Eat more fruits and vegetables. I try but it’s tough to find good tasting ones all year long. The primary things I eat are grapes, strawberries, cucumbers, corn, and carrots.
6. Reduce the use of sauces. Yeah, I do this. No salad dressing.
7. Reduce nut butters. I eat a lot of peanut butter. Guess I should cut that down.
8. Eat more fiber. I eat breakfast cereal every morning. Does that count?
9. Eat slower. Indeed, I eat pretty fast. I’ve tried a number of times to slow down but it just doesn’t seem to work.
10. Eat real food. Yes, you should do this. It’s not always the easiest thing to do.
11. Count your calories. The time I was most successful at losing weight, I wrote down everything I ate. This works. It’s not easy. But it works.
So, I already know all these things and do some of them. Why did I just tip the scale at 201 today? ugh.
Incidentally, after my run I weighed myself and it was at 199. Go figure.