So you wanna be a joggler? You want to be like world record holders Matt Feldman, Michal Kapral, or Bob Evans? Or maybe you want to joggle a triathlon like Joe Salter? Well, here are some tips that might help you get there.
1. Do it. You’ll never become a great joggler without “pounding the pavement”. The fastest jogglers are also the ones who do the most training.
2. Push yourself. If you want to get faster, you have to run faster, even if you’re joggling. And don’t kid yourself, fast running hurts. But the pain is tolerable and it will make you faster.
3. Remember to rest. You can’t go all out every day. So be sure to schedule some rest days in between your speedier days.
4. Be flexible. Some days you don’t have it and some days you’ll feel great. Make your training schedule flexible enough to accommodate how you feel.
5. Practice juggling without running. If you’re dropping the balls while joggling then you need to tighten up your juggling skills. And nothing improves juggling more than spending time juggling. Juggle around the house, while watching tv, or while sitting on a chair. More throws and catches makes you a better juggler and joggler.
6. Write about your workouts. This joggling blog has kept me motivated to joggle since 2006. Writing about something frequently keeps in top of mind and increases the chances that you’ll keep at it. Don’t worry if no one else is reading. This is for you and your future self. Plus chances are pretty good someone is reading.
7. Compete with yourself. Remember you PRs and work to beating them. There will be plenty of jogglers who are faster than you but they are not your competition, you are.
8. Find a joggling partner. Well, maybe they won’t be joggling but finding a running partner can help keep you motivated to make your daily workouts.
9. Practice good joggling etiquette. While the crowds typically love jogglers, some of the other runners will hate you. They don’t like show-offs, especially if you are ahead of them. Stay off to the side and out of the other racer’s way!
10. Play to the crowd. Respond to the crowd’s cheers with a smile and if you’re skilled enough, do a joggling trick. Afterall, joggling is a showy activity and at least some part of it is done for the audience.
To be really crazy you might try changing your look and learn how to color pubic hair
Got any more joggling tips? Leave a comment below.