With 31 days left in the year, it’s a good time to review my goals and see what I need to do to reach as many as I can. In January, I put together my list of goals for the year. It included my joggling goals.
Joggling Goals for 2012
- Joggle every day (365 times)
- Complete 1500 miles joggling
- Complete the 100+ miler and set new Guinness World Record
- Complete 4 joggling marathons
- Complete 2 joggling half marathons
- Complete 4 other races
- Write a blog post every day
- Record 12 joggling related videos
- Post 6 joggling related podcasts
- Improve the design of this Joggler blog
So let’s see how well I’ve done.
Joggling Accomplishments in 2012
- Joggle every day — Complete. Or at least it will be at the end of the year. I haven’t missed a day.
- 1500 miles joggling – Partial. Right now I’m at 1227 miles. That’s 273 miles short. I won’t be making that goal. Even 1400 miles which is what I did last year is unlikely. Well, time to modify. I’ll shoot for 1350 miles
- Complete 100 miler. Nope. I decided I didn’t want to do it this year. But next year, my 44th year, I will do it.
- Complete 4 marathons. Partial. Only the Chicago marathon this year. I just never planned the others. Didn’t make it a priority. Next year, I’ll definitely do more than 1 marathon anyway. 2 or 3. Probably not 4.
- Complete 2 half marathons. Partial. I only ran one half marathon. I just forgot about this goal. While I did run every day, running has not been as important to me this year as some previous years.
- Complete 4 other races. Complete! Finished a 5K, an 8K, a 10K, and a 10 miler.
- Write a blog post every day. Partial. I did pretty good and wrote something every day until about 5/27/2012. But I just lost my steam. I did write 268 posts and could get up to 300 by the end of the year.
- Record 12 videos. Nope. Just forgot about this goal and didn’t have an easy recording setup.
- Post joggling podcasts. Nope. Forgot about this one too. :(
- Improve joggler site design. Nope. I did manage to change the design but I definitely didn’t make it better.
Well, neither my efforts nor my results were stellar, although they were not bad. I only completed 2 goals, partially completed 4 more and had 4 where I didn’t do anything. I’ve got 30 days so I could still get to #8, #9, and #10. I can also run another half marathon to complete that goal. I’ll try to get in as many miles as I can by the end of the year.
So, if I work a bit harder I have to potential to finish 7 goals, and partially finish 2 more. Rescheduling the final one doesn’t seem like such a bad idea.